This is Kelly Gellner's favourite “Eat Yourself Skinny” detox salad
“This detox salad is legit loaded with so many delicious veggies such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale and cabbage, has such great texture with the added sunflower seeds and crunchy almonds, and it literally makes a TON so you are sure to have plenty to last you the whole week! I just love making this because I can easily just throw everything into my food processor, blend away and I’m done. Doesn’t get much easier than that, huh?” says Kelly. Yep, we’re sold!
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 to 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice (or juice of two lemons)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Using a food processor, process all the veggies up to the parsley until finely chopped and mix together in a large bowl. This may take a few batches.
- Add almonds to the food processor and pulse, until roughly chopped, and mix in with the salad along with the sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over top of the salad OR place in a jar and use as needed. Enjoy!