This recipe tastes deliciously sinful but is actually good for you
These brownies are bursting with superstar detox foods, including turmeric, beetroot and avocado, plus protein for muscle support and satiety. They make the perfect healthy indulgence that won’t sabotage your diet, training or Spring cleansing efforts.
1 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup activated buckwheat
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup tahini
Stevia, to taste
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup vegan protein powder of choice
1 medium raw beetroot, cubed
2 Tbs spirulina
1 Tbs turmeric
2 Tbs almond butter
3 Tbs coconut oil, melted
Pinch Himalayan salt
1 Tbs Maca root powder (great for fertility and hormonal balance)
1 Tbs lucuma (adds a beautiful caramel flavour)
1) Place the sunflower seeds, almonds and buckwheat in your food processor and process until a fine flour forms.
2) Next add the gojis, dates, beetroot and avocado. Blend until broken down.
3) Add all remaining ingredients until well combined and no chunky pieces remain.
4) Press into a baking paper lined tray and place in freezer for one hour or until firm.
5) Remove from tray and cut into small squares (5cm by 5 cm is a good size).
Keep in the fridge and reach for them when you need to retreat into detox bliss!
Anna Mitsios is an Australian Naturopath & Nutritionist, whose love of herbal and natural ingredients provided her with a vision to create Edible Beauty Australia, a luxurious “edible beauty” brand. Anna is committed to creating products founded on naturopathic philosophies, using exotic, natural and certified organic ingredients and encouraging her clients and people who use her skin care to nourish their skin, from the inside, out.