- Posted by:
- Fit Nutrition Fix Team
This low sugar, low carb, high protein recipe makes the perfect post-workout, nourishing treat
Protein balls are a handy power snack to have on hand post-workout. After exercising, it’s important to feed your body quality protein to assist with muscle repair and growth. Unfortunately a lot of commercial protein balls contain high amounts of sugar, be it from honey or dates, your body really doesn’t need such high concentrations of it after your workout. In fact, high sugar snacks can trigger a blood sugar roller coaster, which leaves you craving more sugar.
That’s why FIT has created this recipe for a delicious, sugar free version of protein balls. They are quick and easy to make, and can keep in the fridge for up to 10 days. Add it to your weekend food prep and you will be set for the week ahead!
- 4 tbsp. protein powder of choice (visit the FIT store either online or in person where you can get your hands on a wide variety of the best dairy-based and vegan-based protein supplements on the market)
- 2 tbsp. LSA mix
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs
- 4 heaped tbsp. nut butter of choice (FIT loves natural peanut or almond butter)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Stevia liquid or powder, to taste
- ¼ cup almond milk or filtered water (add more slowly if needed for consistency)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth.
- Mixture shouldn’t be very moist but able to hold together when rolled into a ball. Adjust consistency if needed by adding more liquid or more protein powder.
- Roll into individual balls and place in an airtight container in the fridge.