- Posted by:
- Temporary User
Antioxidant and protein-rich power snack
Protein bliss balls are the perfect healthy snack and when you spike them with matcha, it gets even better.
Matcha is a traditional Japanese powdered for of green tea, made from the whole leaf. This means that the nutritional properties are concentrated. Matcha is high in antioxidants, rich in fibre and is known to increase metabolism, energise the body and boost concentration.
The protein powder will keep you full and your blood levels stable to help avoid sugar cravings. What’s not to love? These Matcha Protein Bliss Balls are your new go-to snacking weapon for when the 4pm slump hits, or pre/post workout.
1 cup of almond meal
2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 teaspoons of matcha powder + ½ teaspoon for rolling
1 scoop of protein powder (vanilla or plain)
4 tablespoons of shredded coconut + 1 tablespoon for rolling
2 teaspoons chia seeds
Splash of liquid of choice to reach desired consistency (nut milk, coconut water or filtered water)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Slowly add liquid until mixture becomes moist and consistent.
2. Once combined well, form mixture into balls.
3. Roll balls in more matcha powder and shredded coconut.
3. Place in the fridge until set firmly (about 30-60 minutes).
5. Keep airtight in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Need these ingredients? Visit FIT in store to get your matcha and choose from our wide selection of protein powders!