- Posted by:
- Fit Nutrition Fix Team
The Perfect Healthy Indulgence
This healthy take on rocky road courtesy of nutrition guru Jessica Sepel looks and tastes incredible! Sweetened with natural medjool dates, it’s refined-sugar free and full of healthy fats, making it a satiating yet decadent treat. Get creative with the additions too – white mulberries, goji berries, coconut or your favourite nuts and seeds will taste deeeeeelish!
Makes: 9 slices
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 5-6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup gluten-free granola or puffed brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mixed raw nuts, chopped (I used hazelnut and pistachios)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Add coconut oil, cacao powder, cinnamon, sea salt and dates to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine granola/puffed brown rice, coconut, mixed nuts and goji berries. Pour over cacao-coconut mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined baking dish and place in freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and slice. Enjoy immediately.
Jessica Sepel is a clinical nutritionist, bestselling author, international health blogger and travel expert. She is also the beloved voice behind ‘JSHealth’, passionately advocating how to achieve a balanced lifestyle through wholefoods. Her philosophy is focused around building a healthy relationship with food, placing emphasis on balance, rest and indulgence in moderation.